Tuesday, June 21, 2011

how to make a signature

1. Find a site or a program to make your signature on (like Gimp, paint, or an online site like this one.) I'm going to use picnik, a free online photo editing site.

2. Find materials to make your signature. I'm going to use a paper from here. If you use Picnik you will have to have a background of some sort, though you can use a white image if you want.

3. Create the signature. After you upload your paper to Picnik, you will probably need to crop it. Just fool around until you have the size you want, there really isn't a certain size.


Add some fun text and sticker too, if you like. Picnik has all kinds of great stuff but be careful, not all of it is free!



4. Now when you save your image, make sure you change the name so you don't loose the paper!





5. Now upload your new signature to Photobucket, or any other picture hosting site. You will need the HTML code.


Yeah, I used a different image...I accidentally didn't save my other signature, but this paper will be fine for a tutorial. As long as you don't do it when making your signature! :)




6. Next you will need to go to 'Settings' in your blogger account, then 'Formatting'. Scroll down until you come to a box labled 'Post Template'.












7. Now, paste the code that you copied from your signature into that box, save, open a new post, and....






Question: How do I get my signature to go down? I can't write anything without deleting it!


Answer: Go to 'Edit HTML' right next to the window you're typing in. Click on the top and press enter a few times, then go back to the 'Compose' window.






Have any other questions or problems? Tell me and I'll try to help you!


Also, I'd love to see what you create, if you want, drop a comment and leave the link to your blog. 


Happy designing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I ❤ comments. Make sure to keep them nice & not harsh. If you have a question, check back soon for my answer or leave a way for me to contact you.